The Church of Pentecost, like most great institutions, started in a small way. The Church’s beginnings are linked to the ministry of Pastor James McKeown (1900-1989), an Irish missionary sent by the Apostolic Church, Bradford, UK to the then Gold Coast (now Ghana) in 1937 to help a group of believers of the Apostolic Faith led by one Peter Newman Anim in a town called Asamankese. The precursor to the church of Pentecost in the United Kingdom was the Pentecost Association of UK and Eire (PAUKE). Prior to the formation of PAUKE, many Ghanaian Christians in London were members of Ghana Christian Fellowship. Africa Christians in London were mainly members of the Ghana Christian Fellowship and the Africa Christian Fellowship that were formed in London in the early 1970s. The meetings of these fellowship groups were held initially at No. 5 Daughty Street, Holborn. Later, the venue moved to Tavistock Square in the Kings Cross area. These Christian Associations created a forum for Africans, especially students, who used it as an opportunity to fellowship with, and to support, one another. Many of the Pentecostal members of these groups and churches then worshipped at established London churches such as Kensington Temple (Elim Pentecostal Church), Elim Pentecostal Church (Clements Road, Ilford, Essex) and Newcourt Elim Pentecostal Church, (Regina Road, Finsbury Park).
Read more here: https://www.copuk.org/history
Our core values: https://www.copuk.org/core-values
Our tenets: https://www.copuk.org/tenets
our DISTRICT pastor & LEADERS:
Ps. David K. Okyere & Mama Nana Agyapomaa-Kodua
District Pastor & Wife
Dr. Albert Danso